Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Who Cares If a Soldier Dies ?

Yesterday more details were released from the excerpts of Bob Woodward's book. It's now obvious that Obama cold-bloodily decided to keep American soldiers in harm's way, dying in combat, while coolly calculating the best political strategy for a retreat, so as not to lose votes for his signature health care bill. My heart goes out to the Americans and their families that have, and will die for this political farce. How they will suffer, and how low we have stooped when we so blatantly allow a president to sacrifice American lives for a such cheap partisan political stunt.

Obama is not the type of person that like to take responsibility, or is willing to suffer the consequences of his actions. He is comfortable letting people suffer and die to advance is own selfish interests, he is all that, so he thinks. Let's not forget that someone has to take responsibility, and far too many Americans are suffering for his incompetence.

I can't think of much else to say about that, or Obama, he pretty much speaks for himself, I think. It it did however remind me of poem I came across not long ago that has stuck in my mind, and speaks to the issue of war and politics from a soldiers perspective, I'll share it with you and add the link to the original post when I find it.

Who cares if a solder dies?

Take a man and put him alone,
Put him twelve thousand miles from home.
Empty his heart of all but blood,
Make him live in sand, in mud.
This is the life I have to live,
This the soul to God I give.
You have your parties and drink your beer,
While young men are dying over here.
Play your poiltics and have your fun,
Then refuse to use a gun.
There's nothing else for you to do,
Then I'm supposed to die for you?
There is one thing that you should know;
And that's where I think you should go!
I'm already here and it's too late.
I've traded all my love for all this hate.
I'll hate you till the day I die.
You made me hear my buddy cry.
I saw his leg and his blood shed,
Then I heard them say, "This one's dead".
It was a large price for him to pay,
To let you live another day.
He had the guts to fight and die,
To keep the freedom you live by.
By his dying, your life he buys,
But who cares if a soldier dies!

- Rachel

The link to this poem

No comments:

Post a Comment